Thursday, April 5, 2007

If you didn't know me......

I was just recently asked if I was a glass half full kind of girl. I do not consider myself a half glass full kind of girl, I like to think that I am in fact a realist hoping the glass will get filled back up kind of girl. I like to look at things in the worst possible scenario so that when and if that very thing should happen I will not have been taken by surprise. I heard once that pessimists die younger than optimists but they usually die right. I still hold out hope for the good in mankind and all that shit. I was asked this question while standing watching a group of a dozen or so men enjoying a hump day cocktail after work. They milled about, wreaking of macho. As I watched them someone commented at what a good haul those guys were, as if I had been admiring them in a desirable way. Maybe I should not have responded the truth that I had in fact been standing there wondering which one of those men, dressed in sharp suits and porcelain veneers, would go home that evening and beat his wife. Now mind you I am not a victim of domestic abuse and frankly I am not aware of anyone who is. However if you look at it in statistical sense one of those men is likely to lose it after those cocktails loosen him up and his wife is waiting at the door, disheveled and angry. Judging by the looks I recieved I seriously think my brain is wired differently than most people.

No comments: